WHO WE ARE
Presbyterians affirm that God comes to us with grace and love in the person of Jesus Christ, who lived, died, and was raised to live for us so that we might have eternal and abundant life in him. As Christ’s disciples, we seek to continue his mission of teaching the truth, feeding the hungry, healing the broken, and welcoming strangers. God sends the Holy Spirit to dwell within us, giving us the energy, intelligence, imagination, and love to be Christ’s faithful disciples in the world.
Over one million people call the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) their spiritual home. Worshiping in 10,000 Presbyterian congregations throughout the United States, they engage the communities in which they live and serve with God’s love.
Ankeny Presbyterian Church is a particular congregation of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), subject to the authority and government of the Presbytery of Des Moines. It shares in the programs of the following organizations to the glory of God and to promote the effective witness of the Church: the Ankeny Ministerial Association, the Des Moines Area Religious Council, the National Council of Churches of Christ in America, and the World Council of Churches.
Ankeny Presbyterian Church is guided by its own distinctive combination of
vision, mission, and values.
1. We are a diverse, intergenerational congregation.
2. Welcoming, family-sized church.
3. Committed to local, regional, and global missions.
4. Being a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA).
5. Taking the Bible seriously, but not always literally, and believe that God still speaks through Scripture and the Holy Spirit.
6. Our ministry and mission will thrive as we grow in relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
Sharing God’s love through compassion and service in our neighborhood and beyond.